5 Easy Ways to Get Your Car Ready for Winter
Keeping your family safe in the car is incredibly important all year long, however, winter presents some particularly challenging conditions that we need to prepare for.
Have you ever considered the importance of taking your car for a service before winter comes around?Are your tyres in top condition and up to the task of dealing with freak storms and poor road conditions?
Getting your car ready is easy
All cars require regular maintenance in order to ensure that occupants are safe. We have shared some items below which may require attention before the weather turns cold and miserable.
- Servicing – Regular services ensure that your car is kept in top condition. A vehicle service centre will check over all your mechanicals to ensure that everything is in working order and will flag any items with you that may require replacing. If you’re unsure or untrusting of a dealer’s advice, consult another mechanic for a second opinion.
- Windscreen wipers – These are checked at routine services however wiper blades are an item that you can easily replace yourself. If your wipers aren’t effectively cleaning the rain off your windscreen, it might be time to consider buying a replacement. Websites such as Partsales are a great place to find such parts and deliver right to your door. With years of expertise in the automotive industry and a compatibility tool to help you find parts compatible with your vehicle, they make the process of purchasing parts for your car easy.
- Brakes – Well maintained brakes are critically important to your safety when out on the road. Brake problems are best identified at a service before you realise any fade so it’s incredibly important to you keep them properly maintained. Any qualified vehicle mechanic will be able to service your rotors, brake pads and fluid levels.
- Suspension – Just like your brakes, suspension is a critical item that needs to be maintained in order to keep you and your loved ones safe on the road. Well maintained suspension helps your vehicle maintain steady contact with the road and enables your vehicle to deal with poorly surfaced roads that can all too easily upset the balance of your vehicle.
- Tyres – Your tyres are your only direct contact point with the road so it is imperative that you keep them in top condition. You can easily check the condition of your tyres with a quick glance at the tread. If they look worn, chances are it’s time to purchase new ones. Ask your nearest tyre centre professional for a recommendation on what tyres are best for your vehicle. There are countless options for fuel economy right through to performance vehicles so it’s best to consult a professional.
Winter brings unpredictable weather and road conditions so it is important that you do everything you can to ensure that your vehicle is in top condition!
For further tips on vehicle safety and maintenance, contact your nearest VicRoads centre in store or online.
Is you car in a well maintained condition or does it require some attention?
This is an S1 POST.