This is an S1 POST.
Get Kids Shoes Right – What You Need To Know
Before you buy your kids the first shoes that fit, STOP, not all shoes are made equal!
So your kids need new shoes? Maybe they need their first pair? But where do you start and how do you know that you have found a pair that supports development? Here is how you can ensure you get the best combination of support and fashion.
Choosing the right shoe
Naturally you want a shoe that looks stylish but not all shoes offer the functionality required for growing feet and instead focus more on what they look like. Before putting your child’s foot into a pair of shoes, consider these:
• Ensure you get the right shoe size. This is the most important thing you can do for your child’s feet. You can check this by getting a piece of paper and putting it flat on the floor, up against the wall. With their heel against the wall, draw around the toes and measure the longest part of each foot.
• Choose shoes that are right for your child’s development stage. Bobux are firm believers in ‘stage, not age’ because every child develops skills and reaches milestones at different times. Therefore what one 12 month old needs could be entirely different to another; one could be running while the other is only just learning to walk unaided. To learn more about what stage your little one is at, use this expert chart, it will tell you everything you need to know in an easy to understand image!
• From prewalker to pre-schooler – shoes should be 100% flexible, breathable and light. Their tiny feet start out so soft and pliable which is why it is crucial that we, as parents, ensure their feet can form as naturally as possible.
Once you have found the ‘right’ shoes for your little one, you can decide on the pattern and style.
Bobux – More than just fashionable shoes
Bobux are experts in shoes. They have worked hand in hand with podiatrists to ensure they are meeting the needs of growing feet and finding the perfect balance between offering protection and allowing kid’s feet to develop naturally.
With the launch of their new range for Spring/Summer 2016, Bobux also released a ‘Form without function’ campaign. It was to highlight to parents that just because a shoe looks good or costs a lot, that doesn’t mean it is practical or functional. You can check it out by clicking the link.
This is where Bobux are different. Yes, they have designed their shoes to embrace how kids use their shoes, whether that is running, jumping, rolling or just learning to stand. BUT in addition to this they also take fashion very seriously and want your little ones to be the trendsetters of their generation.
The new season of shoes is full of colour, flair and style! Think Mary Janes, ballet, boots, sandals, sports shoes and so many more. There are so many eye catching designs that also have clever little ways for kids to learn left and right. Haddie has a pair of Blaze Unicorn Fuchsia (because what little girl doesn’t want unicorn shoes) and the unicorns are on the inner foot, as if they are looking at each other, just like friends do. These particular shoes are durable, vibrant and easy for toddlers to put on themselves.
Orbs my 10 month old is just learning to walk, taking a few steps at time but still realising that crawling gets her wherever she wants to be a lot faster. I wanted shoes for her that were flexible and light enough that she barely noticed she was wearing any, the origin Xplorer shoes were perfect! The bright stitching and soles on the black shoes grabs your attention for all the right reasons. The colours are amazing, they are flexible and light yet remain durable.
There are four new colours in this style added to the new range; in addition to the existing – Black/Yellow, Black/Orange, Black/Pink, Black/White, Black/Blue, Black/Lime, Cobalt/Citrus, Silver/Pale Pink, Pink/Fuchsia, Navy/Red.
Bobux are proof that just because something is good for you, doesn’t mean it has to be unattractive or bland. The options available give parents choice. If subtle is more your thing than there are plenty of gorgeous styles. If loud and proud is what you are after than you will not be disappointed in your selections. If sweet and delicate is ideal than sweet and delicate you can have.
The new range offers something to suit every child, in every stage of development. Stand out from the crowd and know that while looking stylish, their feet are also being supported in development. It’s a WIN-WIN.
Prize includes: 1 year’s worth of Bobux shoes!! (3 pairs)
**As the winners are chosen based on skill and not chance; you will be sharing for 0 extra entries however I’d love you to share the giveaway with friends and family. Sharing is caring and karma loves kind people. **
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Terms & Conditions:
1. Australian or New Zealand delivery addresses only.
2. Entrants must visit bobux.com.au and leave a comment answering ‘which shoe design is your favourite, and why’.
3. Judges decisions is final.
4. Winners must make contact within 72 hours.
5. This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part!
Therefore no extra points are given for sharing however it is good karma!!
6. All Mum Said is not responsible for delivery of prize.
7. All entries will be signed up to our newsletter, if you do not wish to sign up to our newsletter please advise us via email.
NOT endorsed by or have anything to do with facebook.
If you want to enter more giveaways click over here.
Ok bloggers, now it is time for you to link up your blog posts with Mummy Mondays!
Please read the linky guidelines –
- Link up ONE of your favourite blog posts for the last week and don’t forget to share the comment love on at least a few other blogs that have linked up.
- Your post doesn’t have to be parenting related, pretty much any post goes.
- Feel free to share my Mummy Mondays button to put the word out there about the linky party…the more the merrier.
Latest posts by All Mum Said (see all)
- Tips for Co-Parenting with your Ex – Successfully! - 11/01/2020
- Christmas Lights Spectacular 2019 – Hunter Valley Gardens - 20/12/2019
- VTech Toy Reviews – Make Christmas Easy - 18/12/2019