How To Spruce Up Your Outdoor Space For Summer
Before you invite guests over for a BBQ, read this to create a space to be proud of!
The weather is warming up which means it is the perfect time to enjoy afternoons out the back watching the kids play in the sprinkler. But wait a minute… the outdoor area is in a shambles and needs some work. Here is how you can spruce up your outdoor space just in time for summer.
Easy ways to put the life back into your patio
Every entertaining area is different and depending on where you live will determine what affects weather will have had on your home. Here are a few simple options to put the relaxing mood back into afternoons on your deck.
- Tend to your gardens – Get in your garden and get your hands dirty! Pull out all those weeds and plants that have come to an untimely death and tidy up the edging. Add new brightly coloured flowers, trees and shrubs to give the backyard an immediate facelift.
If you have hedges, trim and reshape them if they have become overgrown.
- Wooden deck – Not all houses are equipped with an outdoor entertaining area and this is a shame. By adding a timber deck to your home, you not only increase your property value, you also have somewhere you can sit and enjoy the fresh air. If you don’t have the budget to get one professionally installed, the team at Thomsons Outdoor Pine have DIY deck kits that might be more suited to your affordability.If you already have deck, don’t let the weather and lack of care deteriorate it. Keep on top of maintenance by washing, removing stains and discolouration. Then seal. You can read more info on restoring a deck here.
- Fresh coat of paint – Give your outdoor area a once over with a paintbrush, a fresh coat of paint can do wonders for a tired entertaining space. Whether you paint the entire area with the same colour or give the patio a feature wall, this will add a renewed and inviting atmosphere to your home.
- Furniture – It isn’t plausible to replace every piece of furniture on your outdoor area to give it that ‘new’ feeling. Instead give all existing furniture a good hose or scrub down to remove dust, dirt and stains that have formed over the cooler months.
Tip: Depending where you live, you should also take into consideration the necessity for mosquito deterrents. You don’t want those pesky critters ruining your evenings!
Take action now and spruce up your outdoor area before the entertaining and festive season really kicks in.
How do you spruce up your outdoor space for summer?
All Mum Said partnered with Thomsons Outdoor Pine on this article.
Latest posts by All Mum Said (see all)
- The BEST Things to do in Maroochydore with kids – A Go To Guide for Parents - 01/10/2019
- Why Straw Bags Are Good For Mums - 23/09/2019
- Tips to Baby Proof Your Home - 25/08/2019