May Gibbs Gumnut Babies are so much more than classic Australian children’s stories. They are a tradition. An education. And an adventure.
The ever so cute Snugglepot and Cuddlepie take readers on a wonderful journey through the Australian bush. Teaching kids about kindness, friendship and native Australia.
Gumnut Babies traditions
At one point or another, every child has owned or read one of May Gibbs unforgettable Gumnut Babies books. They have owned artwork, plates and other various merchandise, often passed down from their parents.
Preschool classes share the stories and base craft projects around Snugglepot, Cuddlepie and of course the Banksia Men. Schools are inundated with the famous Australian book characters for book week each and every year. Proving once more that Gumnut Babies are timeless.
Stories from the Australian bush
Snugglepot and Cuddlepie set off for wonderful adventures in the Australian bush, teaching children along the way about native plants and Australian wildlife. Everything from gumnut trees and blossom to banksia and wattle. Kookaburras and lizards to spiders and snakes.
May Gibbs has taught children through Gumnut Babies about the importance of friendship, kindness and accepting others as they are.
May Gibbs story books
As a parent, I love how May Gibbs’ stories are not just written in a way that captivates a child’s mind, but also accompanied by beautiful illustrations. You cannot help but be drawn in by the characters, lessons and adventures of these stories. Each book features numerous fun-filled adventures. They are short and sweet which is perfect for bedtime reading.
Let your imagination run wild and join the Gumnut Babies, Snugglepot and Cuddlepie on their next adventure!
Enter below to WIN or if you want a May Gibbs Gumnut Babies books now, you can buy them here.
Ok bloggers, now it is time for you to link up your blog posts with Mummy Mondays!
Please read the linky guidelines –
- Leave a comment below showing your host some love AND comment on at least two other posts!
- Link up ONE of your favourite blog posts for the last week and don’t forget to share the comment love on at least a few other blogs that have linked up.
- Your post doesn’t have to be parenting related, pretty much any post goes.
- Please add my Mummy Mondays button to your post/blog to put the word out there about the linky party… the more the merrier.
Latest posts by All Mum Said (see all)
- Tips to Baby Proof Your Home - 25/08/2019
- A Parents’ Survival Guide to Eating Out with Small Kids - 19/08/2019
- What are the best free pregnancy apps on the market? - 04/08/2019