When you are a parent of more than one child you know that the arguments between them are often over ridiculous things. Here are just a few of the most outrageous, pointless and stupid things kids fight about!
1. STOP looking at me!
You know those moments when one child wants to torment the other and just stares at them… constantly? Yep that.
2. Those socks are mine!
Because heaven forbid that 2 boys with the same size foot (and identical socks) let the other one wear a pair of theirs.
3. Stop looking out of my window.
Enjoying a family drive and looking out to see the beautiful countryside, only for the silence to be broken by one of the kids telling the child sitting in the middle seat to not look out of their window. Because you know, it belongs to them and how dare anyone else look out of it!
4. They aren’t my jocks!
Oh for fuck’s sake. They belong to one of you. I don’t care which one, just put them away.
5. It’s my turn to pick a movie/hold the remote.
You picked the last show so now it’s my turn. No you picked last time. Oh for crying out loud, just turn it off! And don’t even get me started on the hiding of the remotes so the other children cannot turn it over.
6. Who gets to sit in the front seat of the car.
You would think that there is only one seat in the car and the other child has to walk! No wonder mum banned ‘shotgun’ at school pick up.
7. Who can get in/out the car first.
Because you know, this is absolutely the most important thing that could happen to a child.
8. Your half is bigger than mine.
This is a common one that I’m sure every family has dealt with. My mum came up with a simple solution – one child cuts the cake/treat and the other child chooses their half. This ensures the cutter tries to get it as close to perfectly half as possible!
9. You cheated!
An innocent game can turn into a scene from the Hunger Games, quickly! “I was winning so you cheated”. This applies to board games, PlayStation and believe it or not LEGO.
10. Who can have the first shower.
Yes you read that right! We have two bathroom and this is still an issue for our kids…. everyday!
While these are perfectly acceptable and reasonable arguments in the eyes of my kids, they do my head in. Surely at some point these trivial and stupid things kids fight about will stop OR perhaps it’s just Karma paying me a visit from my childhood. Sorry Mum.
What stupid things do your kids fight about?
Ok bloggers, now it is time for you to link up your blog posts with Mummy Mondays!
Please read the linky guidelines –
- Leave a comment below showing your host some love!
- Link up ONE of your favourite blog posts for the last week and don’t forget to share the comment love on at least a few other blogs that have linked up.
- Your post doesn’t have to be parenting related, pretty much any post goes.
- Feel free to share my Mummy Mondays button to put the word out there about the linky party…the more the merrier.