I am always trying new recipes that give old ideas and ingredients new life. If you have the same old meals on the menu every week you become bored so it’s always nice to have something exciting and different. When you hear the ingredient sausages you instantly think of bangers and mash or a sausage sizzle and while these are delicious comfort foods, this chipolata sausage cassoulet recipe with parmesan cheese garlic bread is to die for!
Chipolata Sausage Cassoulet recipe
500g chipolata sausages (can be pork, beef, lamb)
4x bacon rashers, sliced
1x brown onion, sliced
1x tbs crushed garlic
1x tsp finely chopped parsley and/or rosemary
1x 400g can cannelloni beans
1x 400g can diced tomatoes
1. Halve sausages on diagonal. Brown them in pan.
2. Add sliced onion, garlic, herbs. Mix through and fry until sausages are almost cooked through.
3. Add cannelloni beans, tin tomatoes and 1/4 cup of water. Mix through salt, pepper and 1 tsp of sugar. *Sugar stops tomato going bitter during the cooking process.
4. Reduce liquid on simmer heat.
Parmesan cheese garlic bread
Ciabatta loaf, sliced
Parmesan cheese, shaved
Parsley, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 180°C
2. Mix butter, garlic and parsley together.
3. Brush one side of ciabatta bread slice with butter mix and top with parmesan cheese.
4. Put in oven until cheese is browned and crunchy.
If you want to find more inspiration and meal ideas check out the recipes page. You will also find snacks, treats, cakes and breakfast recipes that will be a huge hit with the family over and over again. If you try any of the recipes you find on All Mum Said I’d love you to pop back over and leave your feedback on the post.
What is your favourite sausage meal? Do you enjoy sausage stews like this one?