I love Christmas time. Not only for the magic and tinsel but also the food. The warm aromatic spice-filled food. Actually just make that all food. Today I’m sharing with you a very quick and simple recipe for festive cookies that make the perfect gift for teachers, neighbours, plates of food for class parties, etc. They taste like what I imagine Christmas would if it had a flavour. Each bite is full of texture, warm spice and deliciousness.
Christmas Cookies recipe
1 1/3 cup plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup oats
3/4 cup chocolate buttons/smarties (we used red and green)
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tbsp McCormick ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp McCormick ground Nutmeg
½ tsp McCormick ground All Spice
1/2 cup melted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
METHOD – Standard Cookies
1. Pour all dry ingredients into a bowl.
2. Mix egg, butter and vanilla extract into dry ingredients.
3. Use spatula or large spoon to work it all together.
4. Roll cookie dough into table spoon size balls, place on baking tray (lined with baking paper) and bake at 180°c for approx. 10 minutes or until golden. If you want crunchy cookies leave for an extra 4-5 minutes.
5. Let cool for a few minutes before moving them to cooling rack.
METHOD – Mini Muffin Cookies
1. Follow steps 1-3 as shown above.
2. Spray/grease mini muffin tray.
3. Roll balls to approx. 1/2 teaspoon size and add to mini muffin tray. Bake at 180°c for approx. 7-8 minutes or until golden.
4. Let cool for a few minutes before moving them to cooling rack.
Cookies In a Jar
1. Layer all the dry ingredients in a jar.
2. Put some Christmas ribbon around it.
3. Add cooking method including wet ingredients for the gift recipient.
Method for tag: Pour dry cookie mixture from the jar into a bowl. Mix 1 egg, 1/2 cup melted butter and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract into dry ingredients. Use back of large spoon to work it all together. Roll cookie dough into tablespoon size balls, place on baking paper lined trays and bake in preheated oven 180°c for about 10 minutes or until golden. Makes 24 cookies.
*This recipe is thanks to McCormick.
1. Cut a piece of baking paper large enough to fit a few cookies in.
2. Pull the baking paper up around the cookies and secure with some Christmas ribbon.
These are great gift ideas as they are cheap, easy to make and delicious!
Latest posts by All Mum Said (see all)
- A Parents’ Survival Guide to Eating Out with Small Kids - 19/08/2019
- What are the best free pregnancy apps on the market? - 04/08/2019
- 8 Things Parents Will Never Have Enough Of - 29/07/2019