Easy ANZAC Biscuits Recipe
Each and every year as ANZAC Day approaches, we bake Anzac Biscuits. Not just because they are delicious and easy to make but because it is also a way to remember the courageous Australians that served and gave their their lives for their (and our) country.
I don’t know where I acquired this easy Anzac Biscuits recipe as I have been making them for years but I do know you won’t be disappointed. Regardless if you like them crunchy or soft this recipe has you covered.
Easy Anzac Biscuits Recipe
1 cup Rolled Oats
1 cup Sugar
1 cup Plain Flour
3/4 cup Desiccated Coconut
2 tbs Golden Syrup
1/2 tsp Bi-Carb
1 tbs Boiling Water
1. Combine dry ingredients (excluding bi-carb).
2. Melt butter and golden syrup over gentle heat.
3. Mix bi-carb with boiling water and add to the butter mix.
4. Stir butter mix into dry ingredients.
5. Place tablespoon sized balls of mixture onto lightly greased tray (allow room for spreading)
6. Bake in oven at 180°c. For soft chewy biscuits cook for 8-9 minutes. If you prefer them crunchy cook for 15 minutes.
7. Loosen while warm and then cool on cooling rack.
Mixture makes approx. 35 Anzac Biscuits.
Click for more biscuit recipes.
Do you like ANZAC Biscuits?
When was the last time you ate or made them?
Latest posts by All Mum Said (see all)
- A Parents’ Survival Guide to Eating Out with Small Kids - 19/08/2019
- What are the best free pregnancy apps on the market? - 04/08/2019
- 8 Things Parents Will Never Have Enough Of - 29/07/2019