Romantic getaways become nearly non-existent when you have children. Your once impromptu hotel stays and city visits take on a new life and add different features of interest.
It is time that you and your family take the weekend off from your normal day to day lives, enjoy some quality time together and take advantage of the fun things to do in Sydney with kids.
Things to do in Sydney with kids this weekend
The activities, sights and things to in Sydney are endless. Here are just a few fun things for kids and their parents to enjoy while in this vibrant and historic city.
• Catch the ferry – Ride the ferry from Circular Quay across the Sydney Harbour for a different view of the Sydney Opera House and the Sydney Harbour Bridge. You will be delighted by the incredible views as you travel to some of the city’s great attractions, Luna Park and Taronga Zoo.
• Get up close to the animals – The Darling Harbour offers families the option to enjoy both land and sea animals. Wild Life Sydney Zoo allows children to get up close to native animals while they discover exciting information about the way these animals live in the wild. Sea Life Sydney Aquarium offers an amazing experience where they can walk through the tunnels and watch the fish, sting rays, sharks and more swim over the top and beside them.
• Sydney Powerhouse Museum – This museum is perfect for kids that love science, space, technology, contemporary culture, architect and so much more. The Powerhouse Museum is unique and offers families a diverse experience of creativity, demonstrations and exhibitions. For more information on opening hours and entry fees, click here.
• To the moon and back – Space lovers will be in awe at the Sydney Observatory. At night you can see the stars, planets, moon and step under the dome of the Sydney Planetarium for an unforgettable experience. You and the kids will learn about astronomy and the history of space flight.
• Out on the town – Museums and animals are not for everyone, some prefer to get in their favourite rugby team colours and get in the spirit of football. Others prefer to rock out at their favourite band. For a list of upcoming events and attractions in Sydney, check out this Sydney travel guide.
Sydney is a great city that tourists, locals and holiday makers cannot get enough of. There are so many fun things to do in Sydney with kids that you will not be disappointed with the options.
What are your favourite things to do in Sydney with kids?
This is an S1 POST.
Latest posts by All Mum Said (see all)
- Sleep Aids for Babies and Their Exhausted Mums - 19/04/2019
- Easter Gift Ideas That AREN’T Chocolate! + GIVEAWAY - 17/04/2019
- Vaccinations During Pregnancy – What Parents Need To Know - 14/04/2019