If you enjoy delicious homemade tender steak pie than you will want to print this recipe out to try later! It is my own personal recipe that I whipped up one day when we had a whole lot of nothing left in the fridge. I can vouch this will become a favourite in your home once you’ve made it as it is simple, budget friendly and very tasty.
Homemade chunky steak pie
1x onion – diced
2kg blade steak – diced
4x bacon rashers
2x tablespoons crushed garlic
small amount of oil – to fry off ingredients above
200ml condensed tomato soup
600ml brown onion gravy (I used gravox)
1. Fry off onion, garlic and bacon.
2. Add chopped steak and brown.
3. Turn heat to low and add gravy and tomato soup.
4. Cook/braise until meat is tender (a few hours usually).
5. Grease oven-proof dish/pie pan and place pastry inside.
6. Stab pastry with fork a few times (prevents pastry puffing too much while cooking) and then add meat filling.
7. Place pastry on top as lid. Fold corners together and brush with egg.
8. Cook in oven at 180°c until pastry is puffed and golden.
ENJOY your delicious home-made steak pie!
If you want to see more recipes that I have shared on the blog check here or look in the food tab on the home page to search specific main ingredients. Make sure you come back and leave a comment telling me what you thought.
Latest posts by All Mum Said (see all)
- Tips for Co-Parenting with your Ex – Successfully! - 11/01/2020
- Christmas Lights Spectacular 2019 – Hunter Valley Gardens - 20/12/2019
- VTech Toy Reviews – Make Christmas Easy - 18/12/2019