Motherhood is a hard yakka, emotional and messy job.
But I would not change it for the world. Even with all the sibling fighting, whinging and constant requests; being a mum is the most incredible and love-filled thing I could have ever dreamed of doing.
Mother’s Day expectations
After having witnessed several conversations lately about the hatred for crappy Mother’s Day gifts, I figured I’d share my thoughts.
Those handmade trinkets the kids make and expect you to put on show and keep forever, aren’t everyone’s cup of tea. And while I can completely understand these mums desiring something a little more special, the excitement and joy the kids show when they create and watch you open these gifts cannot be understated. This is what being a mum is all about.
I’m not talking about the receiving gifts, I simply mean the joy that children exhibit and love they bring to the home. If hanging a crocheted butterfly on my fridge for a few weeks or drinking tea by the gallon is all I have to do to let me kids know that I love the thought they put into Mother’s Day, that’s exactly what I’ll do.
To me Mother’s Day isn’t about the gifts. It’s about being grateful and appreciative that I am a mum. There are so many women who would move heaven and Earth to become a mum and never have the opportunity.
I am thankful for the over-glued, glitter covered handmade cards my children make me, because I am their mum.
Ok bloggers, now it is time for you to link up your blog posts with Mummy Mondays!
Please read the linky guidelines –
- Leave a comment below showing your host some love!
- Link up ONE of your favourite blog posts for the last week and don’t forget to share the comment love on at least a few other blogs that have linked up.
- Your post doesn’t have to be parenting related, pretty much any post goes.
- Please share my Mummy Mondays button to put the word out there about the linky party…the more the merrier.
- Gifts That Aren’t Toys for Kids - 20/03/2020
- Tips for Co-Parenting with your Ex – Successfully! - 11/01/2020
- Christmas Lights Spectacular 2019 – Hunter Valley Gardens - 20/12/2019