Swaddle your baby, it will help them to sleep better. This is the advice given to most new parents when their newborn is unsettled. Mostly, it’s true and is a miracle for exhausted parents.
Unfortunately, not everyone is skilled in the art of swaddling or have a Houdini baby that believes it doesn’t need to be wrapped up securely and will escape from even your best swaddle attempts.
Award-winning Plum swaddle suits
Taking out Gold in the latest Australian Mother & Baby Magazine Awards for ‘Best Swaddle’, the Plum Swaddle Suits have been tried, tested and voted the best by parents all over Australia.
The Plum swaddle suit secures your precious baby’s arms in a swaddle position, which prevents the startle response, allowing them to sleep better and longer. Also, the double-ended zip comes in to save the day, making it super convenient for when changing time comes.
Plum Swaddle Suit review
Here’s what one of our beautiful mums has to say about the product after putting it to the test with her new baby.
What we love
- It’s “dad proof” – My partner would have no dramas getting our baby into the swaddle and wrapping him up. He can’t swaddle properly with a muslin wrap so I worry about SIDS when he wraps our son before bed, so this would be great for when he has to do it.
- Feet – I love that you can put bubs feet in or out, to warm them up or cool them down.
- Nappy changes – You can change their nappy while they are still swaddled! LOVE this feature.
- Leg movement – I like that their legs and hips are free. My son was in breech for ages and needed hips checked so I love that he has that movement.
- Velcro covers – There is a little flip cover (like the feet) over the coarse Velcro for when you aren’t using it. I like that because then it won’t catch on the baby blankets or my clothes.
- Velcro – The Velcro is the new style Velcro that is smooth to touch, so it won’t scratch bub or mum.
- Fabric – The material is high quality and soft. Exactly what you want for baby clothing.
- Zip covers – Plum have really thought of everything design wise, right down to the little cover over where the zipper sits at the top so it doesn’t scratch the baby.
What we don’t love
I can’t think of anything I didn’t like really.
My baby is asleep during the day and that is rare. Normally I swaddle my baby with interlock or muslin wraps (taught by my mum who was a midwife for 50 years) so these are really good.
Plus they are super cute!
Plum All-in-one swaddle and romper
The Plum Swaddle suit offers two sleeping positions for baby:
- Full swaddle position – arms secure and firmly fastened to with Velcro in a snug swaddle
- Arms free position – arms are enclosed but free to move
Available in two sizes: S (newborn to 3.5kg) and L (3.5kg to 7kg)
TOG: Available in 0.5 and 1.0 TOG
RRP: 1x pack $29.95 or 2x pack $49.95
Real mum reviews
Britt says – Pleasantly Surprised!
We were lucky enough to review the “1.0 Tog Sleeping Bag” and here are our thoughts-
- The material is so soft as it is 100% cotton on the outside plus super comfy on the inside so I knew Luca wasn’t going to have a cheap scratchy sleep.
- The snaps made it so easy for him to have his arms out as we have been transitioning to 2 free arms. It also means I don’t have to worry about zipping the arms off and losing them #babybrain.
- There is a zip cover so I know he isn’t going to get the zip in his mouth or eye when he is having a dance party at 3 am in the morning.
- I will definitely be purchasing another bag. This one is a touch too big at the moment but I also love that because I know that the bag will last him for months, not weeks, as he starts to grow and become even chunkier. This means money is well spent and I’m getting the quality I’m paying for.
Thanks so much for having us try the bag! Here a picture of Luca enjoying it just before bed 🙂
Elizabeth says – Definitely a winner for us!
We started using the Plum 1.0 tog sleeping bag for my son (6-18 month size) and have found it to be excellent. The fabric is so soft and much warmer than other 1.0 tog sleeping suits we have tried. The length is amazing – plenty of room to kick around in. We love the animal design too. Definitely a winner for us!
Anna says – The Plum sleeping bag is great!
My 8-month-old fits in it really well with a nice amount of room for him to keep growing in it! Our 2 story home gets quite hot in summer and when we pump the ducted air conditioning my son just needs something light over him at night so this swaddle is perfect as it is a light fabric not too hot! Also, I love that it does not have any sleeves! I tried finding one in a light fabric with no sleeves and this is the only one I could find!
Latest posts by All Mum Said (see all)
- A Parents’ Survival Guide to Eating Out with Small Kids - 19/08/2019
- What are the best free pregnancy apps on the market? - 04/08/2019
- 8 Things Parents Will Never Have Enough Of - 29/07/2019