That tired, unsettled, dribbly baby has FINALLY revealed that the reason behind their grizzles is the dreaded teething. A phase that strikes fear in the hearts of parents everywhere! You can identify teething symptoms easily enough – but what do you actually DO about them? Here are some sure-fire teething remedies that will help in your time of need.
Teething Remedies – Sophie the Giraffe
Chew toys such as Sophie The Giraffe are tried and true warriors in the battle against teething. For those who may have been living under a rock (or are very new to the life of a teething baby), this squeaky toy allows babies to bite, chew, grapple and slobber to their heart’s content and it makes cute little sounds while they do so. Sophie can go anywhere but a good tip is to make sure that when she’s not being used she gets a damn good clean. You can purchase this teething specific toy at any baby store – get a few because they can walk off in the middle of the night!
Teething Remedies – Keep Your Cool
Teething rings are a fabulous teething remedy that are relatively very cheap. Buy them from the supermarket, wash them well and then keep them handy in the freezer. These provide instant relief to painful gums and are very portable. Yes, they lose their ‘cool’ quite quickly but if you have a few on hand you’ll be right as rain!
Teething Remedies – Wash That Pain Right Outta That Mouth
The humble face washer can be a lifesaver when it comes to teething remedies. Give a wet, cool or frozen one to your baby or toddler to grab and it will soon find its way into that mouth and onto those sore spots.
Teething Remedies – Get Chemical
There are a number of teething gels on the market. One of the most popular is Bonjella – a gel that you rub directly onto the gum. I personally use Ora-sed Gel as I find it works fast and tastes better. The tricky part is being able to both identify the area that’s in pain and getting your finger back out of there before you get it bitten off! Talk to your chemist or your doctor about medical solutions for teething remedies to see what’s best for your bub.
Home-Grown Heroes – Can You Help?
How have you helped your baby navigate teething pain? If you’ve got a creative or unusual situation please add it in the comments to help out desperate parents who were once like you.
PIN THIS POST:
Ok bloggers, now it is time for you to link up your blog posts with Mummy Mondays!
Please read the linky guidelines –
- Leave a comment below showing your host some love AND comment on at least TWO other posts!
- Link up ONE of your favourite blog posts for the last week and don’t forget to share the comment love on at least a few other blogs that have linked up.
- Your post doesn’t have to be parenting related, pretty much any post goes.
- Please add my Mummy Mondays button to your post/blog to put the word out there about the linky party… the more the merrier.
Latest posts by All Mum Said (see all)
- Easter Gift Ideas That AREN’T Chocolate! + GIVEAWAY - 17/04/2019
- Vaccinations During Pregnancy – What Parents Need To Know - 14/04/2019
- Tips for the Ultimate Home Movie Day + Giveaway - 07/04/2019