This year’s theme is “ESCAPE TO EVERYWHERE”. If the idea of putting together a costume leaves you looking for the escape pod then never fear! All Mum Said is here!
Book Week 2017 is August 19 – 26th so get ready to get that magic working (otherwise it’s a sheet with holes cut out for eyes again, and nobody wants that!)
Book week costume ideas – Everybody roar! Like a dinosaur!
Escape back in time to the land of the Jurassic! Your child can take inspiration from “How Do Dinosaurs Go To School?” (Jane Yolen and Mark Teague) and get their Ceratosaurus stomp on! Theme song? Justine Clark’s “Dinosaur Roar!”
Book week ideas like this image are easy! Solid colour clothes, cut out triangles from felt or just use ready-made bunting. Hot glue gun and you’re off and racing!
Book week costume ideas – I do believe in fairies!
Peter Pan is an absolute TREASURE TROVE of book week ideas. Peter? Captain Hook? Tinkerbell? A miscellaneous Lost Boy? A mermaid? A random pirate? They’re all there and they’re all EASY!
Putting together a Lost Boy costume is as easy as digging through the laundry basket, crafting a cardboard sword and getting creative in the hat department.
Book week costume ideas – The Tiger Who Came To Tea
A classic! The Tiger Who Came To Tea is one of those books that we all remember from childhood so there’ll be no “Ummm… what are you?” conversations. A bit of tiger face paint before school, pop on an orange t-shirt and your work here is done!
Book week costume ideas – Captain Underpants
The Adventures of Captain Underpants are HUGE in the kid world and you’re going to love how easy the costume is as well.
Get the kids to borrow Dad’s Y-Fronts, whack on a cape and an eyemask made out of red card and you’re ready to save the world before you can say “CAPTAIN UNDERPANTS!”.
Book week costume ideas – Everything is Awesome!
This one is the best! Is your kid into Lego? Are they ever! Have you thought about a Lego costume?
You might need to do a little forward planning for the head (you can buy Lego masks from quite a few places), cut out a blocky-shaped bib like you see here, yellow dishwashing gloves and voila! Ready to save the world from Lord Business!
Any other ideas? Share the literary love!
Ok bloggers, now it is time for you to link up your blog posts with Mummy Mondays!
Please read the linky guidelines –
- Leave a comment below showing your host some love AND comment on at least two other posts!
- Link up ONE of your favourite blog posts for the last week and don’t forget to share the comment love on at least a few other blogs that have linked up.
- Your post doesn’t have to be parenting related, pretty much any post goes.
- Please add my Mummy Mondays button to your post / blog to put the word out there about the linky party…the more the merrier.
- Benefits of Renting Construction Equipment When Renovating - 01/08/2020
- Review: Do Modibodi Period Underwear Really Work? + Giveaway - 01/05/2020
- The Challenges of Homeschooling - 27/04/2020