This stuffed potato skins recipe can be made as a main meal, side dish or entrée/starter. Just adjust the quantity to suit.
Bacon stuffed potato skins
4x Med-large potatoes
2x Bacon rashers (approx. half per potato)
1 tbs x Sour cream
1.5 tbs x Butter/margarine
2-3 tbs x Cream (depending on your taste)
A sprinkle of mozzarella cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
Optional – additional sour cream for presentation
1. Preheat oven to 180˚.
2. Cut potatoes in half with flatter sides to be used as bases.
3. Brush with oil and bake for approx. 30 minutes or until cooked. (I microwave mine for roughly 10 minutes and they are usually cooked right through)
4. Once cooked scoop out centre of potato (put this into a bowl as we will use this for the filling) and leave just a thin amount of potato on the skin. Put skins back in the oven to crisp up. This takes approx. 20 minutes.
4. While potatoes are cooking, dice bacon and fry off.
5. Add bacon to bowl of potato centres. Add the butter, sour cream, cream, salt and pepper. Mash together.
6. Remove the skins from the oven and fill with mash mix. Top with a sprinkle of cheese and place back into oven until cheese has melted and browned slightly.
7. Add a little sour cream and shallots prior to serving.
Latest posts by All Mum Said (see all)
- Tips for Co-Parenting with your Ex – Successfully! - 11/01/2020
- Christmas Lights Spectacular 2019 – Hunter Valley Gardens - 20/12/2019
- VTech Toy Reviews – Make Christmas Easy - 18/12/2019