Banana & Papaya Muffin Recipe. Today I want to share with you a recipe that is guaranteed to get your little ones eating bananas and papaya. It is quite quick and easy to make and has been a favourite in our home for years now. They can be easily adapted to suit personal taste and can be enjoyed many ways – as muffins, with custard, cream or ice cream, etc.
Banana & Papaya Muffin Recipe
Banana & Papaya Muffins
Makes approx. 18 muffins
115g (1/2 cup) butter
1 cup castor sugar
2 bananas (mashed)
1/4 papaya (mashed)
1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1. Preheat fan forced oven to 160C.
2. Cream sugar and butter until it is a light and creamy.
3. Beat the eggs in until fluffy. Add the banana, papaya and mix well.
4. Add sifted flour, cream of tartar, all spice, salt, cinnamon and ginger to the banana and papaya mix.
5. Spoon mixture into lined muffin pans until 3/4 full and bake for approx. 20-25 minutes.
*This can be made with only banana also and tastes just as delicious*
Latest posts by All Mum Said (see all)
- A Parents’ Survival Guide to Eating Out with Small Kids - 19/08/2019
- What are the best free pregnancy apps on the market? - 04/08/2019
- 8 Things Parents Will Never Have Enough Of - 29/07/2019