Do you suffer from tired and itchy eyes, headaches and other general eye strain symptoms? It could be a result of blue light from your computer and digital devices.
Good news, it doesn’t have to be this way. The answer could be as simple as blue light filter glasses. Read this to find out more!
Blue light filter – protect your eyes
I remember when I was a child we had a blue light filter over our computer screen. I always laughed at how silly it looked and eventually as we upgraded computers and grew up it was never thought of again.
Fast forward a couple of decades and I’m now spending a minimum of eight hours a day staring at a computer screen. Unfortunately, over the past twelve months in particular, I have noticed my eyes are becoming sorer and more strained. This could partly be aging eyes but the main culprit is my computer screen, well that and my phone. Technology plays a huge part in our lives whether we like it or not and we need to start thinking about the side effects this could be having on our health. Not just the exercise concerns that everyone already talks about, I also mean our eyes. Those old school blue light filter screens, they were there for a reason!
Baxter Blue glasses review
I can only imagine Facebook overheard me telling my husband how sore my eyes have been recently and shared an ad for Baxter Blue glasses. These are non-prescription blue light blocking glasses. My interest was piqued. Was I sceptical? Absolutely. But also a little bit hopeful these could actually help, so I reached out to Baxter Blue to do a review.
I chose a pair of Baxter Blue glasses for myself (style: Wells) and another set for my boys (style: Addison crystal), similar in style to the prescription glasses we have already. They arrived very promptly and come in a protective glasses case for safe storage.
Baxter Blue glasses – first thoughts
- These are very lightweight
- Good quality
- Comfortable to wear
Baxter Blue glasses – do they work?
- Day 1 – After wearing the blue light blocking glasses for a day I thought I noticed a little bit of a difference but still sceptical, it could have just been in my head that the glasses were making a difference. Or maybe I had just slept better, who knows.
- Day 2 – I put the glasses on at the start of my working day and my eyes were definitely not as strained by the time I finished that afternoon.
- Day 3 – They are working!! There was no doubt left in my mind that by day three of wearing the blue light filter glasses my eyes had relaxed and they weren’t sore at all.
- Day 7 – Let’s skip a few days and talk about a week of using these. Day seven saw me in front of my computer for approx. 10 hours and normally I’d be rubbing my eyes trying to add some moisture back to them, they’d be itchy and tired. On this day and pretty much every day since my eye strain has been reduced dramatically and sore eyes appear to be a thing of the past. For all you sceptics out there, THESE WORK!!
Blue Light reduction glasses
If you or your child spends time in front of digital devices, for work or play, in addition to taking regular breaks from the screen I recommend you consider getting a pair of these glasses. Even my 12 year old son has noticed a difference!
Baxter Blue glasses are designed to alleviate digital eye strain and filter out the harmful blue violet light caused by digital screens. This means no more dry, sore, itchy eyes, blurred vision, headaches or fatigue caused by spending too long in front of a screen.
Pair for a pair
I love seeing businesses give back to those in need. By purchasing a pair of Baxter Blue glasses, you’ll also be giving the gift of eyesight to a person in need through their ‘Pair for a pair’ pledge partnership with RestoringVision.
Stop suffering from eye strain and headaches, and be mindful when using digital devices. Blue light filter glasses could be the answer you’re looking for!
Prize includes: 2x pairs of Baxter Blue glasses. 1x pair from adults range (RRP $89) & 1x pair from kids range (RRP $75). Total Prize Value: $164.00
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Terms & Conditions:
1. Australian residents only.
2. Judges decisions are final.
3. Winners must make contact within 72 hours.
4. This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part!
Therefore no extra points are given for sharing however it is good karma!!
5. All Mum Said is not responsible for delivery of prize.
6. All entries will be signed up to the All Mum Said and Baxter Blue newsletter lists. If you do not wish to sign up for our newsletter please advise us via email.
NOT endorsed by or have anything to do with Facebook.
If you want to enter more giveaways click here.
AMS was gifted Baxter Blue glasses for the purpose of this review.
All opinions are our own.
Latest posts by All Mum Said (see all)
- Tips to Baby Proof Your Home - 25/08/2019
- A Parents’ Survival Guide to Eating Out with Small Kids - 19/08/2019
- What are the best free pregnancy apps on the market? - 04/08/2019