Maitland Park has everything you need for a great day out with the kids. This beautifully landscaped and well shaded playground has something for every age and ability.
Surrounded by sporting fields, shady picnic areas, war memorials and the Maitland swimming pool, there is more on offer than what first meets the eye. So pack a picnic lunch, let the kids have fun and make the most of the perfect weather!
What’s at Maitland Park
This is one of the best parks in Maitland because it is not just a playground; it also includes the Magic Garden, traffic track and is equipped as an all abilities playground.
The Maitland Park is fully fenced and fitted with softfall flooring; putting your child’s safety as its top propriety. Don’t worry though, the Maitland City Council didn’t hold back on the fun play equipment either and packed the enclosure with a play structure complete with rock wall, slides, steps and climbing nets.
Fun for all ages
You will also find musical equipment with the oversized xylophone, three sets of swings and toadstools, in addition to the flying foxes and the swing carousel.
As this is an All Abilities playground, you will find there is a liberty swing for wheelchair users as well as special seats on both the swing carousel and the flying fox. Every entry and exit is via a concrete path making wheelchair access easy.
Maitland Park Amenities
Maitland Park is a favourite location for Maitland mother’s groups, birthday parties and even just to come and relax among the shady trees while the kids play. This is because it offers everything you need!
• Public toilets – Located outside the playground, behind the Maitland pool.
• Water fountain – Yes, located within the playground.
• Picnic facilities – There are plenty of picnic tables and benches situated around the playground, inside and out.
• BBQ – There are three BBQ’s located outside the playground.
• Open space – There is plenty of flat, open space to run around, kick a ball, fly a kite or just enjoy a quiet picnic with the family.
• Parking – Lots of FREE parking.
Maitland Park playground offers Hunter Valley kids and their parents everything they could want for the perfect day at the park. The kids will have a blast running across the crocodiles and jumping from toadstool to toadstool before having one last go the flying fox before heading home.
Maitland Park playground location
Off the roundabout at Les Darcy Drive (New England Highway), Maitland, NSW.
- Gifts That Aren’t Toys for Kids - 20/03/2020
- Tips for Co-Parenting with your Ex – Successfully! - 11/01/2020
- Christmas Lights Spectacular 2019 – Hunter Valley Gardens - 20/12/2019