A favourite weekend breakfast for both kids and adults in our home is our Bread Pudding Pancakes. I love this recipe because you can easily add and alter the ingredients to suit your personal tastes, enjoy it at any time of the day and the kids love helping to make it!!
Bread Pudding Pancakes
12x slices of white bread (sliced into 2cm squares)
2 ¾ cups milk
1 ¼ cups self-raising flour (sifted)
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
2 tablespoons butter
1. Slice bread into 2cm squares.
2. Soak bread in the milk for approx. 10 minutes (until it softens).
3. In a small bowl mix flour, sugar, salt. You can do this while you are waiting for the bread to soak.
4. Gently fold the flour mixture into the bread. Add eggs and vegetable oil.
5. Gently mix.
6. Melt butter into pan and cook batter. (I used approx. 1/3 cup per pancake).
7. Cook for 3 minutes each side on medium heat or until cooked through. They will resemble a moist pudding inside so don’t overcook.
8. Serve as desired – I serve my bread pudding pancakes with homemade butterscotch sauce and ice cream but you can top with jam or custard for kids lunches.