As you all know, I am expecting a baby in the first week of November. As a result of the pregnancy being quite the surprise, we had already given majority of our baby things away. And like most parents will agree, a nappy bag is a ‘must have’ baby item for the first year, at least!
This is why I couldn’t have been more thrilled when I received an email from the lovely team at Storksak; telling me about their new release of Spring/Summer 2015 bags. I am a huge fan of Storksak. I have been for years. When I found out I was pregnant with Poppet (now 2 years old) I invested in a black EMILY NYLON. I hoped it would last longer being more expensive and I am so glad I got it. It is still in near perfect condition today! Just goes to show sometimes spending that bit extra does indeed bring a higher level of quality.
Storksak Catherine Review
Anyway, today I want to share with you my latest and very much loved CATHERINE leather bag. She is just gorgeous! I have the Bordeaux colour and I must say that the image online does not do it any justice, it is a divinely rich shade that complements a chic appearance with practicality.
What do I love about this bag?
There are several things I adore about the Catherine bag and I know many of you lovely mums-to-be and new mums will understand completely!
Features Features Features!
Firstly, there is nothing quite like the smell of new leather being unwrapped. It makes those senses go tingly with excitement. I just love the slouchy appearance, it is my style completely!
- Handles – There are 2 straps standard with the Catherine. Short ones which make the bag the perfect length to wear under your arm and a detachable padded long leather strap. The long detachable strap offers more than just the ability to wear it over it your shoulder or across your body though, it also features Velcro straps that make it perfect for carrying on your stroller or pram. It really is genius thinking!
- Storage – There are three zipped storage pockets located on the exterior of the bag. Two are discreetly located on the front and are slightly larger than my hand when it is stretched out. The other is on the side and is an insulated bottle pocket.
- Protection – On the base of the nappy bag, there are four circular studs that protect the bag when placed on the ground. No more worrying whether you will scuff or scratch the leather.
- Storage – This bag offers storage that every parent needs. You will never complain about the lack of it in this particular bag (or the Emily). Internally this bag features 6 storage pockets.
Three are great for snack or bottle storage, one is enclosed with a zip and the other two are larger. I find these particularly handy for nappy sacks, nappy rash cream and sanitiser.
- Main compartment – this section of the bag is massive and can cater to whatever you need to hold. Nappies, wipes, spare clothes, bottles, formula, breast pump and possibly even a blanket!
- Storage – Just in case you didn’t already have enough storage; there is an additional removable zippered pouch inside the bag. It features a matching leather trim and is perfect for a spare set of clothes, pain relief/medicines, etc.
- Changing mat – This is one thing every good nappy bag needs. An included changing mat for when you are out and about. I love that this one folds up small enough to be practical and fits into the bag with everything else. It is sturdy enough to machine wash without being damaged as well.
- It is an impressive size at H34 x W47 x D14 cm
I love that it is not overly huge but it is large enough to be convenient and looks amazing!
As mentioned at the beginning of the review, I trust Storsak to provide nothing but quality after my previous bag is still going strong after years of abuse use. The Catherine bag I have is made with soft leather but I don’t feel like I have to be extremely gentle with it, which is ideal.
I have an amazing discount for All Mum Said readers who have always wanted to get their hands on a Storsak bag but haven’t been able to part with the cash.
A whopping 25% OFF!!
This 25% discount can be used on ALL Storksak bags! Visit www.storksak.com.au to view their amazing range and get your Storksak bag now. Use CODE: MUM25.
*Please note this Storksak discount code is only available for Australia and New Zealand customers.
PRIZE INCLUDES: 1x Catherine Nylon bag in Moss or Navy (winners choice). RRP $270.00.
**As the winners are chosen based on skill and not chance; you will be sharing for 0 extra entries however I’d love you to share the giveaway with friends and family. Sharing is caring and karma loves kind people. **
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Terms & Conditions:
1. Australian residents only.
2. Judges decisions is final.
3. Winners must make contact within 72 hours.
4. This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part!
Therefore no extra points are given for sharing however it is good karma!!
5. All Mum Said is not responsible for delivery of prize.
NOT endorsed by or have anything to do with facebook.
If you want to enter more giveaways click over here.
Disclosure: I received the above Storksak Catherine bag for the purpose of this review. All opinions are my own.