Keeping an active lifestyle with young kids is difficult. Difficult but not impossible!
We hear every day that it is important to stay healthy, keep active and look after your health. But for some families, it is not as easy as just going off and doing it. Sometimes parents need to get creative with how they incorporate fitness into their daily regime.
Get the kids involved and stay fit as a family
Keeping fit as a family is a great way to encourage and instil a healthy lifestyle for your children now and in the future. Try these easy ways to be active and include your kids.
Whether you are big sports fans or not, going down to your local sporting oval and kicking the football or soccer ball around is a great way to burn off extra energy. Throwing the frisbee is another great choice because it is also a lot of fun and requires bursts of running, leaping and stretching.
Get out of the house and explore your surroundings. If you are lucky enough to have National Parks or walking tracks nearby these are a great way to introduce fitness and the great outdoors to your children. They can learn about nature while going on adventures in different terrains and enjoy amazing views along the way!
Swimming is not only a crucial life skill, it is also a great option for fitness. The water allows you to feel lighter but also provides resistance when swimming laps or having races with the kids.
Also playing games like Marco Polo, water volleyball, gladiator shoulder rides, mermaid races and diving comps are a great way to be active and have fun while working those muscles.
These activities are so quick, easy and fun!
• Trampolining – The jumping and bouncing provides your body with a full workout while having fun. See more trampoline benefits here.
• Cricket – If your backyard isn’t large enough, the local sports oval will be just fine.
• Totem tennis – It encourages hand-eye coordination and works your arm muscles.
• Skipping – Having skipping challenges with the kids a great way to get them involved.
• Weights – I’m not talking about gym weights, use the kids. Lift them up, hold them and then lower. Repeat. Repeat and repeat. Workout for you and fun for them!
Who doesn’t love to dance? Dancing not only relieves stress but it also gets your blood pumping and works up a sweat. Add in some well-known exercise moves like lunges and burpees and you have yourself a 3 minute workout!
Fitness at the park
These days it isn’t uncommon to see workout stations at a children’s playground. This is because parents want to be able to keep fit while they have young children and these stations make it possible. The benefit to these are that parents can watch and talk to their children while they are moving and exercising. It is the best of both worlds for mums/dads and kids.
Yoga and Pilates
While this is not everyone’s cup of tea, for some it is the perfect start to the day. As a result, there are becoming an increasing amount of family sessions where both parents and children can enjoy the benefits of these classes.
Your health is crucial and while it can be difficult to workout or be as active as you would like, it isn’t impossible. By implementing the suggestions above, you can encourage your children to get active with you and promote a healthy way of life.
How do you keep active and incorporate the kids?
PIN THIS POST
Ok bloggers, now it is time for you to link up your blog posts with Mummy Mondays!
Please read the linky guidelines –
- Leave a comment below showing your host some love AND comment on at least TWO other posts!
- Link up ONE of your favourite blog posts for the last week and don’t forget to share the comment love on at least a few other blogs that have linked up.
- Your post doesn’t have to be parenting related, pretty much any post goes.
- Please add the Mummy Mondays button to your post/blog to put the word out there about the linky party… the more the merrier.
Latest posts by All Mum Said (see all)
- Free Maths Online For Kids - 21/07/2019
- So You Think You’re Ready? Here’s What You DIDN’T Know About Being a Parent! - 15/07/2019
- Vtech Paw Patrol Learning Watch Review + Giveaway - 10/07/2019