Before you go out and buy all the baby proof safety products for your home, READ THIS, it could save your baby!
You’ve got the cot, change table and all those adorable baby clothes ready for bubs arrival but now you’re stressing about how to baby proof your home. As tempting as it is to buy every safety product available on the shelves, take a minute to see if they are recommended by other parents and if you really need them. These tips to baby proof your home should help!
Keeping them safe – Baby proof & toddler proof
Baby proofing and toddler proofing your home doesn’t have to be stressful or confusing. Depending on your living quarters and your furniture style, what you need to baby proof will alter slightly. Here are some general tips to consider for both babies and toddlers.
- Lay down and look around – this will show you what your little one sees. Is there anything at eye level that looks appealing to inquisitive little minds? Common things include: power points, cords, plants, cleaning chemicals, etc.
- Cupboard and drawer locks – while at first you might not need these, once those little fingers get jammed into drawers you will be reconsidering. Not only that, think about where you store your cleaning chemicals. If you are anything like me, it will be under the kitchen sink. If you only lock one cupboard shut – let it be this one!
- Cover power points – power socket protectors are the quickest and easiest solution to this. Toddlers are attracted to power points and when they see parents putting things into them, they will often try to mimic that action. Using power point protectors are such an easy way to prevent accidents. *I have used Dreambaby power point protectors for my kids when they babies and toddlers because they were easy enough for me to remove but they couldn’t pull them out.
- Put up that baby gate – if you have stairs in your home this is an essential item! Depending on the layout of your home you may need a baby gate at the top and bottom of the stairs. If however, your toddler doesn’t need to go upstairs at all placing the gate at the bottom will be enough.
- Door knob covers – not all houses will need these but a lot of parents get peace of mind from them because they know their toddler will not be able to open the door. Ideal if your main door has a knob handle.
- Mount furniture to the wall – whenever possible mount your large and heavy furniture to the wall. This will prevent your child accidentally pulling it over on top of themselves.
- Blind cords – ensure your blind cords are out of reach. Tie them up high or use a blind cord safety kit. These are pretty cheap and can be found in most baby shops and hardware stores.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: Tips to Keep Your Hyperactive Toddler Safe at Home
Dreambaby 20 years in child safety
Dreambaby are celebrating an impressive 20 years of helping parents and carers keeping children safer in and around the home. In addition to their newest awareness campaign around preventing furniture falling on young children, they also want to share their excitement with you and other Australian parents with a year-long schedule of birthday activities, initiatives and giveaways!
Celebrating 20 years in child safety – what Dreambaby will be doing this year
- Huge savings at BIG W
Dreambaby® has also teamed with Big W to offer a 25% discount on Dreambaby® products over two massive weeks from 1st of November to 14 of November. Stay tuned for more information on this.
- Competition win a huge childproofing pack to make your home safer
To celebrate Dreambaby are running a year-long competition on their website. The winner will receive an EXTRAORDINARY prize comprising everything from child safety gates to a converta playpen to a StrollAway® pram hanger, toy chain and other safe storage solutions. Then there will be potties, toilet trainer seats, stools and more to help with toilet training and other bathroom skills. Add to that bath thermometers, window latches, drawer and cabinet locks and latches, furniture straps and anchors and so much more. This is a prize to help transform a home into a safer haven for their little ones.
- Additional competitions
With big ticket items being given away on their socials so make sure you like Dreambaby® – @dreambabysafety #dreambabysafety
Each prize includes: 1x Dreambaby Retractable Gate, 1x Dreambaby Furniture Anchor, 1x Dreambaby packet Furniture Straps, 1x packet Dreambaby Flat Screen TV Savers. Each prize value RRP $136.80. Total prize pool: $273.60
If you want to enter more giveaways click over here.
Latest posts by All Mum Said (see all)
- Blue Light Filter Glasses – Baxter Blue Glasses Review - 13/11/2018
- LeapFrog LeapStart 3D Review + Giveaway - 10/11/2018
- Kids Skechers Light Up Shoes Review + Giveaway - 07/11/2018