At 12:10pm today marks 10 years of my parenting journey beginning. Over this decade period of time I have learnt many things about myself and have been surprised, horrified and lost.
The start to parenthood came as a shock. I was 19 when I discovered I was pregnant and it took me by surprise. I’ll be honest, I was devastated and thought my life was over. That was until about half an hour later when I told my partner (now husband) and he couldn’t have been happier. It was at that moment that I realised it wasn’t the end of my life, it was the beginning of something great.
My journey into motherhood has come with some surprises – let’s start with how the hell I was supposed to change a boy’s nappy?! I mean seriously!! Then of course this routine thing everyone speaks of, what is that?
Oh yes, hello terrible two’s! Aren’t you just the most fun? We have enjoyed so many joyous times over the years and I know I will be seeing you again soon. Moving onto the school years we have experienced some very proud moments from our now ten year old. From academics to standing up to his bully, this in particular was a very proud parenting moment for us.
Dex is a kind and generous kid who goes above and beyond for those he cares about. He is taking what morals and standards we as a family have set on board and is growing into a lovely young man. I cannot wait to see what the next few years have to bring, that is until the teenage years hit. Eeeek that’ll be here before I know it!
Ok bloggers, now it is time for you to link up your blog posts with Mummy Mondays!
Please read the linky guidelines –
- Leave a comment below showing your host some love!
- Link up ONE of your favourite blog posts for the last week and don’t forget to share the comment love on at least a few other blogs that have linked up.
- Your post doesn’t have to be parenting related, pretty much any post goes.
- Feel free to share my Mummy Mondays button to put the word out there about the linky party…the more the merrier.
Latest posts by All Mum Said (see all)
- Tips to Baby Proof Your Home - 25/08/2019
- A Parents’ Survival Guide to Eating Out with Small Kids - 19/08/2019
- What are the best free pregnancy apps on the market? - 04/08/2019