Four pregnancies. Four C-sections. This wreaks havoc on the body!
Pregnancy along caused my body to stretch beyond its limits and as a result it will never be the same again. It is riddled with stretch marks, I have a Caesarean flap (C-section mums you know what I’m talking about!) and just to top it off abdominal muscle separation. See this post I wrote about pregnancy not all being pretty!
Oh the joys of pregnancy!
Are SRC Recovery Shorts Worth The Money?
When I had my first two children I had no idea that muscle separation could be improved. While mine wasn’t terrible at this stage, I could notice it. It wasn’t until I had my daughter three years ago that I heard about SRC recovery shorts and wondered if they would actually work. At that stage I couldn’t bring myself to spend that much on something that may or may not work.
Let me know tell you, hindsight is a wonderful thing. If I could go back, I would have bought a few pairs! When my youngest daughter was born I thought at this point, what do I have to lose? Nothing besides a few dollars! But I had everything to gain.
I didn’t start using the SRC Recovery Shorts until 2.5 months post pregnancy so there was a chance that I would not notice a change but the body is an amazing thing, particularly when it works with these compression shorts. I opted for the high waist design because of my muscle separation. It offered so much core support, it held everything where it should have been and it was comfortable to wear.
I will be honest and say I wore these almost every day for 3 months and there may have been a few day there where I wore them just as shorts without anything over them. Ok so there were a lot of days like that but in my defence, they look like exercise pants so it is perfectly fine!
As the months rolled on, I noticed my muscle separation getting smaller. They were actually working! I knew they were offering my body additional support but I didn’t for a second think they would actually help with this particular issue. They are worth every cent! Again, hindsight.
I wore my SRC Recovery Shorts bush walking, grocery shopping and to coffee with friends. Basically if I went, they did too.
What made them so good you ask?
- Comfort – They are lightweight and breathable so you don’t sweat in them. Even though they are a tight fit, they don’t hurt to wear or irritate the skin.
- Support – The compression offers your body the support it needs during and after pregnancy (C-section or natural birth). The support extends from your back to your abdomen and beyond. They also help to reduce the risk of DVT post-surgery. My favourite support these shorts offered was that it held my abdomen tight assisting with tone and muscle memory.
- Confidence – I found the second I put these on I was more confident. This is more to do with the fact that everything felt tighter and less of that flabby after birth feeling. I could wear a pretty dress or jeans and not feel like a bowl of jelly. That is a win for any new mum!
If you are considering buying some SRC Recovery Shorts, do it! You will not regret it.
Dress for comfort, practicality and style
Just like any mum who has recently given birth, you have spent the last 5+ months wearing the same handful of outfits on repeat and would love something beautiful and new to wear. SRC Health gifted me this gorgeous breastfeeding dress from their SRC Essentials range.
It is so soft on the skin, yours and bubs. The way the maxi feeding dress sits on your new mum figure is flattering as well so you feel confident, stylish and yet it is practical!
You should definitely check out their range of affordable pregnancy and feeding clothing.
*I received the above items for the purpose of this review. All opinions are my own.
Latest posts by All Mum Said (see all)
- A Parents’ Survival Guide to Eating Out with Small Kids - 19/08/2019
- What are the best free pregnancy apps on the market? - 04/08/2019
- 8 Things Parents Will Never Have Enough Of - 29/07/2019