A few days ago I shared a delicious Christmas Cookies recipe and D.I.Y gift ideas that make perfect Christmas gifts for teachers, neighbours, etc. Together with McCormick we are getting festive and sharing another gift idea and recipe along with a fantastic giveaway for All Mum Said fans. This one is perfect for not only adults but the kids too.
My kids love getting involved with cooking and we encourage them to try new things, invent flavours by mixing and matching herbs/spices and food. The kitchen is a place for creativity and vision. Which is why the idea below from McCormick is perfect!
Santa’s Festive Fairy Dust
This is a wonderful idea for the kids to get involved and get creative. They can create their very own magical fairy dust for Santa’s Christmas Cookies or make some fairy dust for their teachers. Simply add a teaspoon of four of your favourite spices into the bag, then follow this recipe. If making these as gifts just add a tag with the recipe on the back.
Santa’s Christmas Cookies
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
Makes: 42 cookies
1 cup butter, chopped
1 cup caster sugar
1x 60g egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups plain flour
1 tbsp McCormick Festive Fairy Dust mix
1/2 tsp ground salt
1. Preheat oven to 180°c. Line baking trays with baking paper.
2. Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and mix well. Gradually beat in flour, fairy dust mix and salt until well mixed.
3. Roll dough into 1/2 tbsp balls and place on prepared trays. Flatten with a fork.
4. Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool Christmas cookies on baking tray and remove when cool. Store in airtight container.
*Christmas cookies recipe courtesy of McCormick. You can see more of the McCormick holiday cooking recipes here.
3x PRIZES UP FOR GRABS
Each prize contains: McCormick All Spice Ground 30g, McCormick Cinnamon Ground 32g, McCormick Cinnamon Sugar 60g, McCormick Cloves Whole 25g, McCormick Mixed Spice 30g, McCormick Nutmeg Ground 30g, McCormick Vanillin Sugar 65g, McCormick Ginger Ground 25g, Christmas Tree Cookie Cutter Set, Christmas Stocking. RRP $35.00 (Total prize pool: $105.00)
**As the winners are chosen based on skill and not chance; you will be sharing for 0 extra entries however I’d love you to share the giveaway with friends and family. Sharing is caring and karma loves kind people. **
If you want to enter more giveaways click over here.
Latest posts by All Mum Said (see all)
- Sleep Aids for Babies and Their Exhausted Mums - 19/04/2019
- Easter Gift Ideas That AREN’T Chocolate! + GIVEAWAY - 17/04/2019
- Vaccinations During Pregnancy – What Parents Need To Know - 14/04/2019