Garlic Herb Meatballs with Sundried Tomato Couscous. This garlic herb meatball recipe is full of flavour and will make the most ordinary cook look like they know what they are doing.
Garlic Herb Meatballs on Sundried Tomato Couscous
1 onion – diced (½ for mince & ½ for the couscous)
5 bacon rashers – thinly sliced (½ for mince & ½ for sauce)
Fresh herbs *thyme, rosemary, etc – finely chopped. Enough to your liking. Dried mixed herbs work just as well.
1 tbs minced garlic
Breadcrumbs – just enough to make the mince mix hold together.
Sundried tomatoes – finely sliced
2 cups couscous
500ml chicken stock
Tomato pasta sauce – homemade or jar is fine. We use Dolmio Basil
1 tsp sugar – *this prevents tomato based meals from going bitter!
Salt and pepper – to taste
Meatballs & Sauce
1. Add mince, onion, herbs, bacon, garlic and eggs into a bowl.
2. Mix together and add breadcrumbs to combine.
3. Roll them into desired size balls.
4. Brown off the balls in a pan, add the rest of the bacon, sauce and sugar.
5. Turn down to a simmer.
6. Add a little water to sauce to thin it out a little.
Add 2 cups chicken stock into pot and bring to the boil.
1. Remove from heat – add the couscous, onion, sundried tomatoes to the stock.
2. Cover and stand for 3 minutes.
3. Add 1 tbs butter and heat on low for a further 3 minutes whilst stirring.
SERVE & ENJOY!
Latest posts by All Mum Said (see all)