Looking for something citrus, sweet and delicious? Do you have an abundance of extra lemons or even just 2? Well the lemon cake recipe below is a must try and you will make it over and over because it is so tasty, flavoursome and moreish. In case being mouth-watering isn’t a good enough reason for you, they are also incredibly easy to make.
Lemon Cake Recipe
125g butter, softened
1 cup castor sugar
1.5 lemons, rind finely grated, juiced
1.5 cups Self Raising Flour, sifted
¼ cup milk
¼ cup lemon juice
ICING– 1 cup icing sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
(If more liquid is needed add a tad more)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees (160 fan forced)
2. Cream butter, castor sugar and lemon rind with an electric beater until light and fluffy.
3. Add each egg one at a time; beating well after each to mix in well.
4. Add half the flour and the milk to the egg mix and combine. Fold in the remaining flour and ¼ cup lemon juice.
5. Spoon mixture into greased loaf pan, mini loafs, muffin trays, etc.
6. Bake for 20-25 mins or until skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre of cakes.
7. Turn out onto cooling rack after 5 minutes.
8. To prepare icing mix the icing sugar with lemon juice.
9. Spoon onto the lemon cake/loaf while still warm.
10. Add some extra thinly grated rind on top of icing for decoration.
Once you have tried my lemon cake recipe I’d love for you to pop back and let me know what you thought.
If you would like to browse some other recipes – cakes, muffins, cookies, pancakes, slices, mince, seafood, chicken, pasta, etc. you can find them here or if you would prefer to search something more specific than you should hover over the food tab on the menu bar and select your preference.