Parents are constantly talking about how they want to reduce screen time and technology for their kids but let’s be real for a minute, there are times when you and your child need it.
I’m not talking about giving them the iPad to play Minecraft for hours on end. While there are some great educational apps and maths online available, today I want to talk more about other technology. New tech products like the Laser portable DVD player that are great for travelling and weekend wind-downs.
Laser portable DVD player review
When hitting the open road with kids, they don’t want to be watching the trees as you pass by them and you sure as hell don’t want to be hearing “Are we there yet?” This is where technology like the Laser portable DVD player 10” comes in handy.
This compact bit of gear allows you and your kids to take your entertainment on the road with you while taking up only minimal space. The Laser portable DVD player comes with a universal fit headrest pouch for the car that also doubles as a carry case. The 180-degree swivel makes viewing easy from whatever position you need it, both in the car and at home.
What we like
- 180-degree swivel monitor
- Feels solid and well-built aka built for kids
- Plays several forms of media > DVD, USB and SD Card
- Multi-zone player
- Long life rechargeable battery… hallelujah!
- Video and audio output for connection to TV or monitor at home or holiday cabin
Included in the box
- Laser portable DVD player 10”
- Full function remote control
- Wall charger
- Car charger
- AV cables
- Dual purpose case
The Laser portable DVD player 10” is an excellent choice for portable technology because it is affordable, available in Big W, Target and Bing Lee. One of our kids has the 7” version of this and it is a couple of years old now and still going strong. I definitely trust the quality of Laser products and for the money you simply cannot go wrong!
Laser noise cancelling Bluetooth headphones
“Sorry, what did you say children? I couldn’t hear you with my new ‘whine cancelling’ headphones.” I think if they marketed these Laser noise cancelling Bluetooth headphones to parents as ‘silence makers’ they would fly off the shelves!
But to review the actual Bluetooth headphones, let me start by saying I LOVE THEM! They are super comfortable to wear and I can jump around and dance without having to worry a chord is going to get snagged on my arm as I move around the house and pull them off my head. They are also great for the kids when using their new DVD portable player for this same reason.
What we like
- Long life battery – you can talk and listen for up to 10 hours between charges. Standby lasts for up to 180 hours
- Easily adjustable – they adjust enough that kids and adults can comfortably wear them
- Noise cancelling – pretty self-explanatory as a mum of four
- Bluetooth compatible – wireless as mentioned above
- Built-in microphone – you can make and receive calls via the built-in microphone. I found this feature pretty handy when going for a walk in the afternoons
- Voice control – when you sync it to your devices, you can use voice control to play, pause volume, etc.
- 3.5mm Jack – just to ensure you won’t have to go without music while you wait for the Laser noise cancelling Bluetooth headphones to recharge
- Very easy to recharge. Takes up to 4 hours for a full recharge
What we don’t like
- Doesn’t seem to be easily available in stores. Online only
Included in the box
- Bluetooth headphones
- USB charging cable
- 3.5mm audio cable
Say goodbye to distractions. When you put these headphones on, you have shut out the world. Did I mention they’re ‘whine cancelling’? You can purchase these headphones online at Laser.
Did you know that Laser is Australian owned and operated? If the quality of their products wasn’t enough to get you over the line, that is the cherry on top! The Laser portable DVD player 10” and the Laser noise cancelling Bluetooth headphones make the perfect travel pack for kids on holidays or road trip adventures.
2x Laser Kids Bluetooth Headphones. Value $59.90 *Colours selected at random
Laser’s Kids Bluetooth Headphones have the volume restricted to 85dB so you can rest assured that your child’s ears are protected from hearing damage. They are constructed from a non-toxic, bendable but tough BPA-free foam, which makes the headphones child-proof and nearly indestructible! They feature comfortable snap-on extension pads and can adjust to different head sizes.
Terms & Conditions:
1. Australian residents only.
2. Judges decisions are final.
3. Winners must make contact within 72 hours.
4. This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part!
Therefore no extra points are given for sharing however it is good karma!!
5. All Mum Said is not responsible for delivery of prize.
6. All entries will be signed up to our newsletter, if you do not wish to sign up for our newsletter please advise us via email.
NOT endorsed by or have anything to do with Facebook.
If you want to enter more giveaways click over here.
I received the reviewed items for the purpose of this post.
All opinions are my own.
Latest posts by All Mum Said (see all)
- Tips for Co-Parenting with your Ex – Successfully! - 11/01/2020
- Christmas Lights Spectacular 2019 – Hunter Valley Gardens - 20/12/2019
- VTech Toy Reviews – Make Christmas Easy - 18/12/2019