Soups are a popular choice in the cooler months. Lets face it we all love feeling that warm bowl of soup fill our bellies and with winter on the way this is a great pumpkin soup recipe to keep on hand. It’s a favourite in our home because it is very easy to make but it also tastes AMAZING!! My pumpkin soup is great served fresh from the pot or reheated, it can be frozen or even used as a sauce.
Pumpkin Soup Recipe
4-6 rashers bacon
1 large onion
1 tablespoon chicken stock powder
1 tablespoon curry powder
1. Roughly chop bacon, onion and pumpkin (taking off skin).
2. Fry off bacon and onion.
3. Add chicken stock (just as powder – do not mix with water) and curry powder to bacon. Cook until bacon is coated and smelling delicious.
4. Add water – enough that the pumpkin is covered.
5. Bring to boil, then reduce to low heat and simmer until pumpkin is cooked and the flavours are infused.
6. Blend and serve with bread rolls.
Make sure you come back and let me know what you thought of my pumpkin soup recipe. If you are looking for other meal ideas, inspirations or recipes check out the FOOD tab in the main menu for specific main ingredients that are easy to find. If you just want to see a mixed bag of recipes check out this page.
Latest posts by All Mum Said (see all)
- Tips to Baby Proof Your Home - 25/08/2019
- A Parents’ Survival Guide to Eating Out with Small Kids - 19/08/2019
- What are the best free pregnancy apps on the market? - 04/08/2019