Bacon and Cheese Strata
The kids can do most of this by themselves with just supervision and some directions.
½ cup milk
½ cup cream
6 slices of bread
1 cup of grated cheese (I use mozzarella)
4 bacon rashors
Salt and Pepper
*Additional/alternative ingredients can include: mushrooms, tomato, spinach, other vegetables, etc.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease tray/muffin tins (we use tray at home and muffin tins for school lunches)
- Crack eggs into bowl. Add milk, cream, salt and pepper. Whisk together.
- Cut shallots and slice bacon into strips. Add to egg mix.
- Tear bread into pieces.
- Add bread and cheese to mix. Soak the bread in the egg.
- Pour mix into tray/muffin tins and add a sprinkle of cheese over the top.
- Bake for approx. 30 minutes or until egg is cooked. *Every oven is different to please adjust accordingly.
- Sit strata for 5 minutes and then enjoy!!
Latest posts by All Mum Said (see all)
- Tips for Co-Parenting with your Ex – Successfully! - 11/01/2020
- Christmas Lights Spectacular 2019 – Hunter Valley Gardens - 20/12/2019
- VTech Toy Reviews – Make Christmas Easy - 18/12/2019