You know those people that have drawers full of different notebooks and pens? More than likely at least one in each colour and style. Let’s call them stationery addicts. Well that has just described me!
I will never enough office supplies and will without hesitation add to my stash whenever I see a gorgeous new range or pen that writes smoothly. << You know what I’m talking about!
Smash stationery adds fun and colour
Smash stationery has hit the shelves at your local Big W with four new ranges that are sure to excite parents, teachers and kids. I received a sample stash of Smash stationery to review, Paint and Play was my style of choice because it is colourful and creative.
With everything from binders, folders and envelopes to notepads, daily planners and pens, Smash have all bases covered. I thought this range would be perfect for my small ‘change of scenery’ study nook where I have my laptop set up. I often get tired of looking at the same walls of my main office day in day out so I like to change it up from time to time.
Smash stationery reviews
Let’s get to the Smash stationery reviews and see what we thought of the products.
- A4 notebook set – ruled pages that are nice and thick. There are three designs in each set.
- A5 notebook set – there are three designs in each set with 120 good quality lined pages.
- A5 spiral notebook – the 192 page lined notebook is the perfect size to fit in my handbag. It’s a winner! I love that it has elastic on it to keep it closed when not in use.
- A4 paper folders – these manila folders come in a pack of five, each with a different design. Very practical in the office and good quality.
- A4 envelope folders – made from the same quality card as the manila folders, these are great for meetings and keeping certain files organised. There are three folders in each set and each has a different design, two of which have quotes on them and the other is brushstroke pattern.
- Lever arch folder – strong and great quality. The lever locks in tight and is solid.
- A4 ring binder – great quality with sturdy ring closures.
- Magazine file – made the same thickness as the lever arch and ring binder, this is a strong product that is designed to handle a fair amount of use.
- Document tray – I love the solid blue on the outside and the great is great. Unfortunately, these don’t stack though.
- Accessory set – these colourful push pins and paper clips are essential in an office (home or business) but what really caught the eye of the little people at home were the gold fold back clips or as my daughters call them, little handbags. I love this set.
- Day planner – while I prefer my Master Plan diary for work, this day planner would be quite handy if you had kids participating in multiple activities throughout the week. It shows a week at a time and comes with 60 sheets.
- Sticky notepad – for the very organised, this would be awesome! This set comes with many different size sticky notes and has several purposes – remember, to do, done, let’s do this, and there are even some blank ones. My kids called dibs on these for their homework and assignments.
- Sticky tape holder – this is a nice and plain colour, has a sturdy construction and comes with a foam base to prevent slipping.
- Pen holder – it does exactly what it is designed to do, it holds pens. My last one was starting to look a little sad after years of ink spills so I swapped it out for this one. Good quality.
- Pom pom pen – these are the cutest!! But the news gets better, they write so smoothly. (Black ink)
- Pens (4 pack) – these are basic retractable pens that write smoothly. There are two blue and two pink in each set. My boys have taken the blue ones for school. (Blue ink)
- Mechanical pencils (4 pack) – remember these from school? We called them pacers but apparently, they are known as mechanical pencils, go figure! Just like the 4 pack of pens, there are two pink and two blue in each set. Love these!!
Smash stationery final thoughts
From what I have seen this range is great quality, it’s fun and colourful. I’m not 100% sure if the paint strokes are the only pattern these folders and magazine files comes in but when paired with multiple items in the same pattern it becomes a bit too much. I really like that the other items break it up and add solid pinks and blues to the mix.
The pop of colour and introduction of this new fun design has been very welcomed to my office. I like to change things up and keep it fresh to help those creative juices flow. If you are interested in checking out this range (Paint and Play) or Other Realm, Urban Graphic and Neo Galaxy ranges they are available in-store at Big W now!
AMS received the above Smash stationery for the purpose of this review.
All opinions are our own.
Ok bloggers, now it is time for you to link up your blog posts with Mummy Mondays!
Please read the linky guidelines –
- Leave a comment below showing your host some love AND comment on at least TWO other posts!
- Link up ONE of your favourite blog posts for the last week and don’t forget to share the comment love on at least a few other blogs that have linked up.
- Your post doesn’t have to be parenting related, pretty much any post goes.
- Please add my Mummy Mondays button to your post/blog to put the word out there about the linky party… the more the merrier.