Before you turn on Netflix and just let the kids watch movies all day, STOP, there are plenty of fun things to do in Hunter Valley when raining.
The rain doesn’t have to put a dampener on activities for kids in Hunter Valley, these ideas will not only get your kids up and having fun, they will also wear them out while creating memories that will last a lifetime.
Rainy day activities for kids in Hunter Valley
The indoor activities for kids in Newcastle, Maitland and surrounds are endless and are guaranteed to be the best fun your kids can have in the rainy weather, short of jumping in muddy puddles.
Ten Pin Bowling
Ten Pin Bowling is fun for the whole family and there are always some great deals for cheaper games. SuperStrike even offers Cosmic Bowling (a great atmosphere created by glow in the dark bowling with music and laser lights), which the kids are bound to love!
Cost: Prices start at $8 per game.
Locations: Newcastle, Lake Macquarie, Maitland, Port Stephens
Indoor trampoline park
If you want something that will wear the kids out, visit one of the indoor trampoline parks in Newcastle and Hunter Valley areas.
There are several to choose from as this new trend has been a popular one for both kids and adults. Let the kids bounce, flip and jump while you enjoy a hot coffee or join in too!
Cost: From $10 for 30 minutes.
- Flip Out Newcastle – 56 The Avenue, Maryville, 2293.
- Flip Out Thornton – 3 Hartley Drive, Thornton, 2322.
- Revolution Park Newcastle – 55 The Avenue, Maryville, 2293.
- Springloaded Newcastle – 26a Oakdale Rd, Gateshead, 2290.
- GravityX Rutherford – 18 Bradmill Ave, Rutherford, 2320.
Laser Tag Newcastle
Get ready for an action packed experience! Kids get in the zone with Laser Tag in Newcastle and who can blame them, it’s exciting.
Cost: From $9.50 per person
- Red Alert Laser Tag – 308 Hillsborough Road, Warners Bay, 2282.
- Red Alert Laser Tag – 2/26 Balook Drive (cnr Weakleys Dr), Beresfield, 2322.
- Zone Empire Newcastle – 8 Council Street, Wallsend, Newcastle.
- Strike Laser Tag – Level 1 South Piazza, Charlestown Square, Charlestown, 2290.
- Battlezone Playlive – Maitland Gaol, 6-18 John St, East Maitland, 2323.
Rain prevents your kids playing at the park but thankfully there are a couple of indoor playgrounds in Hunter Valley. These are perfect for letting the kids run off that excess energy and parents can relax with a coffee or meal.
- Tin Lids Play Centre – 43 Gateway Boulevard, Morisset, 2264.
- Megamania – Charlestown Square, Pearson St, Charlestown, 2290.
- Play4Kids – 321 New England Hwy, Rutherford, 2320.
Kids love art and it doesn’t matter if they are admiring or creating it, each creation they are taking something new in. Don’t let the rain get you down, get out and see what art is on show in your area. Take your kids on a tour of the art gallery near you, they are open from Tuesday to Sunday.
- Maitland Regional Art Gallery, 230 High Street, Maitland, 2320.
- Newcastle Art Gallery, 1 Laman Street, Newcastle, 2300.
- Lake Macquarie City Art Gallery, First Street, Booragul, 2284.
With FREE entry it is hard to say no to taking your kids to discover the exciting and interactive exhibits on show at the Newcastle Museum. Let the kids check out the tram and enjoy some play time in the small indoor area that is full of soft mats and equipment. Open Tuesday to Sunday and 7 days a week during school holidays.
Location: 6 Workshop Way, Newcastle.
Just because it’s raining doesn’t mean you have to stay at home. Prevent cabin fever by taking the kids to enjoy one of these great rainy day activities. There are plenty of things to do in Hunter Valley when raining, start enjoying them now!
What are your favourite things to do in hunter valley when raining?
Latest posts by All Mum Said (see all)
- Flowers 101: The Perfect Flowers to Send On Specific Events - 23/11/2019
- Time Management Tips for Working Mums - 18/11/2019
- Cooking With Kids is Easier Than You Think - 15/11/2019