This Pork Belly recipe isn’t as quick as the others I have posted previously however it is delicious and tender. My Thyme and Lemon pork belly recipe is so worth waiting for! It is extremely mouth-watering and aromatic. It will become a regular on your menu at home. The juices are flavourful and the pork melts in your mouth!
Thyme and Lemon Pork Belly Recipe
1kg x pork belly, boneless (score the skin)
2 x tsp chunky garlic
2 x tsp thyme
2 x tbs Lemon juice
1.5 tbs x oil
1x tsp salt
1. Mix garlic, thyme, lemon juice and oil together.
2. Rub over pork belly (both sides) and marinate for minimum 1 hour. The longer the better though, ideally overnight.
3. Preheat oven to 180°c (160°c fan forced)
4. Place pork skin side up in a shallow roasting tray and cook for 1.5 hours.
5. Increase the temperature to 200°c (180°c fan forced) and cook for another 30 mins.
6. If you want crackling put under grill but make sure you watch it!
7. Place pork on alfoil and make a loose tent. Stand for 15 mins.
8. Slice to desired thickness and serve.
I serve this with vegetables and Dijon mash but you can serve it with anything from salad, rice to mash.
Click here for more pork recipes.