This Pork Belly recipe isn’t as quick as the others I have posted previously however it is delicious and tender. My Thyme and Lemon pork belly recipe is so worth waiting for! It is extremely mouth-watering and aromatic. It will become a regular on your menu at home. The juices are flavourful and the pork melts in your mouth!
Thyme and Lemon Pork Belly Recipe
1kg x pork belly, boneless (score the skin)
2 x tsp chunky garlic
2 x tsp thyme
2 x tbs Lemon juice
1.5 tbs x oil
1x tsp salt
1. Mix garlic, thyme, lemon juice and oil together.
2. Rub over pork belly (both sides) and marinate for minimum 1 hour. The longer the better though, ideally overnight.
3. Preheat oven to 180°c (160°c fan forced)
4. Place pork skin side up in a shallow roasting tray and cook for 1.5 hours.
5. Increase the temperature to 200°c (180°c fan forced) and cook for another 30 mins.
6. If you want crackling put under grill but make sure you watch it!
7. Place pork on alfoil and make a loose tent. Stand for 15 mins.
8. Slice to desired thickness and serve.
I serve this with vegetables and Dijon mash but you can serve it with anything from salad, rice to mash.
Click here for more pork recipes.
Latest posts by All Mum Said (see all)
- Gifts That Aren’t Toys for Kids - 20/03/2020
- Tips for Co-Parenting with your Ex – Successfully! - 11/01/2020
- Christmas Lights Spectacular 2019 – Hunter Valley Gardens - 20/12/2019