This Tomato, Bacon and Basil Soup recipe is so quick and easy to make. Best of all it tastes delicious while being extremely budget friendly!
Let me just say that my youngest loathes tomato and I mean to the point of he will find/taste the tiniest piece hiding and pull/spit it out. He loved this soup!!
*It can be made with canned tomato (whole peeled, crushed, pureed, etc) or fresh peeled tomato. Both taste as good as each other!
Tomato, Bacon and Basil Soup Recipe with Garlic Ciabatta
*3x 400g canned tomato or 2kg fresh peeled tomato
1x onion roughly chopped
4x bacon rashers roughly chopped
1x tsp garlic
2x tsp Gourmet Gardens basil
1-1.5x cups of water
1x tsp sugar (prevents the tomato going bitter)
Salt and Pepper to taste
Ciabatta: butter, garlic, ciabatta bread
1. Roughly chop bacon and garlic and fry.
2. Preheat oven to 200 degrees (for ciabatta).
3. Add garlic and basil, stir through. C
4. Cook off until the aroma is strong.
5. Add tomato and heat on low-medium. Stirring.
6. Add sugar and season to taste.
7. Let simmer on low for 10 mins.
8. Mix garlic and butter and spread onto ciabatta bread.
9. Place in oven, turn once when required.
11.Serve with delicious ciabatta.
**This can be made creamy by adding approx. ¼ cup of cream during the simmer stage.
ENJOY this delicious winter warmer!!
Click for more Soup Recipes.
Have you tried my Tomato, Bacon and Basil Soup Recipe? What did you think?
Connecting mums with real support, articles, giveaways, helpful advice & parenting tips.
Latest posts by All Mum Said (see all)
- Tips to Baby Proof Your Home - 25/08/2019
- A Parents’ Survival Guide to Eating Out with Small Kids - 19/08/2019
- What are the best free pregnancy apps on the market? - 04/08/2019