Soap scum, dirty grout and cluttered benches. Sound familiar? It is time to clean your bathroom! Read this and discover how you can clean your bathroom in just five minutes a day.
Don’t get discouraged or overwhelmed by cleaning your bathroom. Doing small bits every day reduces the amount of effort that is required for your bathroom to shine! Here is how you can stay on top of the cleaning.
Clean your bathroom with minimal effort
No one wants to scrub their showers but unfortunately, it is one of those jobs that must be done. By taking five minutes out of your day to clean your bathroom you will notice that this chore will become an easy one.
- Take a look at your bathroom benches, basins and niches in the shower – put away everything that shouldn’t be out. This includes razors, hair straighteners and makeup! If there are clothes on the floor, put them in the dirty clothes basket and hang up your towels.
- Spray your shower with bathroom cleaners and while you are waiting for it to work its magic get started on the toilet. Pour toilet cleaner in the bowl, give it a quick scrub and wipe down the rest of the toilet.
TIP: Don’t forget the front of the toilet, particularly if you live with males!
- The shower spray should have had time to work now so give it a quick wipe down.
TIP: Using body wash creates less soap scum on the tiles than a bar of soap.
Wipe wipe wipe
- Give the walls and tiles surrounding the basins a wipe/spot clean.
TIP: This is best done straight after having a shower as the steam makes it easier to wipe.
- Wipe down benches and basins with disinfectant sprays, don’t forget the taps. A lot of germs harbour there!
- Clean mirrors to remove any water splashes.
TIP: Microfibre cloths work great for a streak-free clean.
- Top up hand wash and toilet paper.
Homes with young children may require a few extra minutes each day to keep your bathroom clean due to the additional mess they create. Mainly fingerprints, toothpaste drawings on the shower screen and dirty clothes next to the hamper.
The ‘five minutes a day’ clean doesn’t eliminate the need for a good once over; this should still be done periodically as needed. It will, however, mean you can have a clean and tidy bathroom with minimal effort each and every day!
Do you have any tips to clean your bathroom that reduce cleaning time?
Ok bloggers, now it is time for you to link up your blog posts with Mummy Mondays!
Please read the linky guidelines –
- Leave a comment below showing your host some love AND comment on at least TWO other posts!
- Link up ONE of your favourite blog posts for the last week and don’t forget to share the comment love on at least a few other blogs that have linked up.
- Your post doesn’t have to be parenting related, pretty much any post goes.
- Please add the Mummy Mondays button to your post/blog to put the word out there about the linky party… the more the merrier.