Is It Safe To Clean When Pregnant?
Are you pregnant? Constantly cleaning, scrubbing and tidying? Is it safe to clean when pregnant?
As every woman who has ever been pregnant knows, you have the urge to scrub, tidy and generally have everything spotless. This is most commonly known as nesting and unfortunately (or fortunately for others in the home) we all suffer from it.
Should any housework be avoided?
I hate to tell you but most cleaning jobs are safe to do while pregnant. In moderation of course, so you don’t overdo it. There are some things that should be avoided (aka left to someone else) or kept in mind while on your cleaning spree. These include:
• Cleaning the oven – Due to majority of kitchens being a smaller, more enclosed areas; fumes from oven cleaners are cause for concern. Especially when pregnant. In addition to toxic fumes there is also the bending and crouching to consider. It is best to hand this chore over to someone else.
• Clean only in well ventilated areas. Most chemicals and domestic cleaning products are safe to use when pregnant however the fumes and smell may cause you to feel light headed and sick if the room is not ventilated enough. Open doors and windows to allow good air-flow!
• Use protection – I’m not talking to prevent pregnancy. I mean rubber gloves and a mask to protect yourself from touching and inhaling chemicals. You can never be too safe.
During the later stages of pregnancy, you will find it harder to get up and down to clean showers, bath tubs, etc. on a daily basis. I know all too well and as a result of me being 37 weeks pregnant and not being able to maintain the level of cleanliness I like in my bathrooms; I hired a cleaner for the first time in my life. My bathrooms have never shined so much, or maybe that was the euphoria I felt because I didn’t have to clean them and yet they were spotless!
I typically live by my 5 minutes a day rule for cleaning the bathroom << check it out! It will save you a lot of hard work but as I am now heavily pregnant, I just cannot keep it up. For more information on staying healthy and safe during pregnancy, click the link.
I never saw the value in a cleaner until that life changing day last week. My eyes have been opened. To be honest the bathrooms are my most hated household chores! I know I am not alone in this which is why I have a great opportunity for one of All Mum Said’s amazing readers.
HomeHello have offered their services to help a mum (or dad) get on top of their cleaning. Or just so you can have a day off! Both of those options sounds great.
Who are HomeHello?
HomeHello is a team of experienced and insured local professional cleaners that provide high quality cleaning services at a seriously affordable rate to thousands of homes across metro regions of Sydney and Melbourne.
By clicking on their website, you are given a 3 simple steps to book your next clean. Select the details about your home, how many hours you want them (or you can use their suggestions based on the details you provide) and any additional chores you want done. You then select the date and time you’d like your cleaner to arrive.
You also don’t have to set a regular appointment if you don’t want, you can hire for a one-off, weekly or fortnightly home cleaning with their instant booking confirmation.
Prize Includes: 1x 3.5 hour HomeHello voucher (valued at $92).
This prize is only available to metro regions of Sydney and Melbourne!
See if you are in the serviceable area by entering you postcode here.
**As the winners are chosen based on skill and not chance; you will be sharing for 0 extra entries however I’d love you to share the giveaway with friends and family. Sharing is caring and karma loves kind people. **
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Terms & Conditions:
1. Australian residents only.
2. Judges decisions is final.
3. Winners must make contact within 72 hours.
4. This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part!
Therefore no extra points are given for sharing however it is good karma!!
5. All Mum Said is not responsible for delivery of prize.
NOT endorsed by or have anything to do with facebook.
If you want to enter more giveaways click over here.
This is an S1 POST.