When life gives you lemons, make this no-bake lemon slice!
This zesty little snack is incredibly easy to make and tastes so delicious! l will warn you though, my no-bake lemon slice recipe will become a favourite.
No Bake Lemon Slice recipe
1x 400g tin of condensed milk
400g shortbread biscuits (I use chocolate chip shortbread)
2x cups coconut
Lemon rind of 1 lemon (finely grated)
2x cups icing sugar
2-3 tablespoons lemon juice (depending on how lemony you want it)
1. Crush biscuits. You can do this in a food processor or with a rolling pin.
2. Put crushed biscuits, lemon rind, coconut and condensed milk together in a large bowl.
3. Melt the butter.
4. Add half of the butter to other ingredients and mix well.
5. Butter or place baking paper in slice tray.
6. Press the mix into the tray.
1. Sift icing sugar into a new bowl and stir in butter.
2. Slowly add lemon juice until it is a smooth spreadable consistency.
3. Spread icing onto the base and refrigerate until firm.
4. Slice into desired shapes and sizes.
5. Store in the fridge.
You will be sure to impress at your morning tea with this zesty treat. Give this no-bake lemon slice recipe a go and put those lemons to good use.
If you are a chocolate lover then you should try my chocolate and coconut slice as well! It is full of chocolatey goodness – it might not be healthy but it’s good for the soul.
Have you got lemons? Try this no-bake lemon slice!
Latest posts by All Mum Said (see all)